Sunday, January 19, 2014

My Plan Has Worked

Wait long enough and eventually the house will get dusted.

Melissa came home today for a couple of days.

It is really nice to have Melissa here especially since she hasn't been here since September.  It's not all fun and games though as we are both tackling the purging process with the house.  Asia sure loves having her here too, especially since Asia is stuck in her little pen 90% of the time recovering form her ACL surgery.

I rode on Saturday for a little bit and ran today for a bit too.  Mostly just trying to do anything except be sedentary at this time.  That cold that I caught and put me down for two weeks really did a number on me.  Looking back it bums me out because I was doing pretty good up until then.  One little hill in Red Rocks that I usually just cruise up crushed me on the bike yesterday.  I have some work to do.

I am in the springs now indefinitely and taking a break from the drive to Pitkin County for a few weeks.  I plan on taking advantage of the weather here to ride as much as I can and run too.  Winter in Aspen doesn't really affect being able to run but riding is an entirely different matter.  Too much snow, ice, and the temps are just not warm enough. Any significant winter training on a bike in Aspen has to be done on an indoor trainer I reckon.  I will ride up there more come the spring time.

The plan for the week roughly looks like Red Mountain tomorrow and then a mix of riding and running each day for the rest of the week. Just keep moving. 

This video sort of explains how I have spent a lot of time the past few weeks.  I had never seen Battlestar Galactica and it was actually this Portlandia skit that turned me on to BSG.  I liked the new version a lot more than BSG 78.  I think they did a good job ending after four seasons.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment