Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Wednesday's Ride

My shift ended at 7:00 a.m. this morning and my plan was to head out for my ride at that time. The only problem was that instead of the temps being 31 or above, it was more like 21 out. Unfortunately I did not have the luxury of sitting around and waiting for it to warm up as I had upwards of a four hour ride ahead of me and I still needed to crash after that before my day-four (last workday of the week) shift began at 9:00 p.m. Wednesday night.  Yowza.

Three layers on the bottom... five layers on the top but it worked.  The only challenge with the temps was that for most of the first 25 miles I was having to deal with my glasses fogging up here and there but past that it was a good ride.

I did notice at least the first hour that things did feel "squishy."  I don't know what the hell that means or really how to describe it but the bike just didn't feel as tight or as responsive as some other days  Could have been all of the clothes?  Could have been the frozen dirt path and how the surface gave or didn't to the wheels as the bike rolled on?  I don't know... Could have been the bike and suspension was freezing up too... Anyway things just felt weird.

It also could have been the ass kicking I took in the eight miles the day before, so there was that possibility as well. Regardless, I had plenty of time for self dialogue this morning and the nugget that I came up with was this... "Do you want to whine about training or do you want that Leadman Trophy?  Your choice!"  Even in my head I shut up rather quickly over that one.   That will be my new mantra I think for the coming months... Buckles or bitching... you choose.

Today's squiggly lines.  50 miles, 3:40:08. 
Got home, showered and hit Kings Chef for lunch then home to crash.  I slept solid from 2:00 p.m. till 8:00 p.m. tonight and I woke up on my own which is always a good sign that I am recovered and rested.  I am so ready to get through tonight and start my weekend!

Pulled the trigger last night on the Cannondale!  I should have it in about a week or two and I am excited.  I did a lot of research on the stock wheels that come with it and each is about 55 grams (about 2 oz) heaver than the Stan's Crest wheels that I was going to upgrade into so I am going to just stick with the WTB Frequency i19 TCS wheels and just run them tubeless just like the Stan's with the Maxxis Ikon tires.  Plus all of the reviews I have read about the WTB wheels are positive so I see no need to switch them out.   It is going to be a really fun project!

Love this song and video... it always reminds me of eating chocolate chip cookies in the kitchen one day long time ago... I've always thought T.C. was a hell of an artist.



Happy Friday! Well, sorta...

No comments:

Post a Comment