Monday, February 18, 2013

Lessons Learned From Last Week

It seems that reading other posts and whatnot from other runners from this weekend a lot of the same trail conditions have been encountered.  ICE.  Lots and lots of ice.

Twice this past week I rode and ran higher in altitude than I probably should have and that is what caused me problems both times.  Snow I can deal with but ice is another issue altogether. 

I think for a bit I will keep my riding and running to the lower regions along the front range and stay away from the messy stuff higher up and wait till it all clears.  I took a spill coming down from Mt. Rosa last night and getting injured is the last think I need right now. 

So until the temps get to the point that it isn't just melting and refreezing every night I am going to play it safe and keep the training down lower. 


1 comment:

  1. Good Idea Andy, although it's not much better in town. I hit a super slick sheet of ice on the road while riding to work Friday morning. Front wheel slid out and I slid halfway accross the street on my face and chest. Luckily all ice, so no real damage done.

    ReplyDelete