Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Tuesday Track - WooHoo!

Great workout tonight at the track.... The first three went very well then I fought like hell to hang on the last three 800's and pulled it off.

One mile warm up, 6 x 800m with 200m RBI and then a one mile cool down. 3:13, 3:11, 3:14, 3:13, 3:15, 3:12.  All 3:15 or faster which is a first.

Last night I conducted the great heart rate monitor experiment in my sleep.  I learned that sleeping my heart rate can go as low as 43 beats per minutes.  Pretty cool I guess.  My average for the night was 50 bpm.

I still have not seen the results for the Canya Canyon 6K yet... I know that  I have a  new PR by about five and half minutes but I don't know the exact numbers as my Garmin software crapped itself when I was downloading that data.

Fall Series IV this weekend then one more week of track work after that before my race in MD.  After today's workout I think it will be close there rather or not I get a PR or not but I know that I am definitely moving in the right direction.  When I started doing 800m, repeats on Sept 11, my times were as follows... 3:11, 3:23,3:22,3:21,3:25,3:18, and that was with a 400m RBI.  So the numbers are definitely improving!

Ready for the election to be over.  And in the spirit of the campaign I will leave you with this...








No comments:

Post a Comment