Thursday, October 18, 2012

Wednesday Slack, Thursday Track

I just couldn't make myself run yesterday.  I was feeling pretty wiped out and to be honest, the wind, the cooler temps and all of the leaves flying around really depressed the hell out of me.  So I didn't do anything.  I just hung out at the house, ate a salad, watched Game of Thrones and went to bed early.  I figure right now that I should enjoy days like that while I still can, before I start training hard again in December.
 
I also wanted to go to the track a little more fresh and rested today than I have been just to see how that worked out for me.  Overall, maybe a touch faster, definitely more consistent. One mile warmup, 6x200m with 200m RBI then a one mile cool down.  38, 37, 36, 37, 37, 36.  To be honest, that fourth one hurt!  It really is getting dark in a hurry now. I got to the track earlier than usual and it seemed like the sun was already behind the mountains when I was done.

Going up to FOCO tomorrow and I am really looking forward to that.  I would like to get in a longish run this weekend on Saturday, maybe Mt. Rosa if anyone is interested. Sunday I think that I will do a multi-hour bike ride.  

I love Halloween!  I can't count how many things are "right" with this picture.  I just can't! 

No comments:

Post a Comment