Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Course Change

Up in Leadville finally.  The hotel is okay... it ain't the Acapulco Grand but it will do.  It is on par with the other really bad hotel, The Mountain Peaks  on the other side of town.  The upsides are that it is quiet and... it's quiet.

After getting up here last night I met up with Brooks and Brandon at the Scarlet bar.  They informed me that the LT100 RD did finally decide that we would run the trail into Winfield and not the road.  Sorta pissed because I hate last minute changes but it will be nice to not have to worry about getting hit by some crazed Iowan housewife driving her minivan like she was in the Dukes of Hazard trying to get to Winfield before her spouse...

Here is the link to the official LT100 Handbook for this year.  Didn't the guy on the cover win the Powerline 80 two years ago?  Seriously not hating on AK but why not have someone like Lynette on the cover or MC, the course record holder or some old coot kicking ass on the course for a change.  It's just not the kind of thing one wants to open up to read and see first thing in the morning before breakfast.

Lastly... this beauty of a picture is hanging in my room above my bed.  I about puked when I saw it when I first got into the room last night.  Just a cruel reminder I guess that you can never really escape from your true origins.  For those who do not know, it is the Glade Creek Grist Mill in Babcock State Park in WV.  Spent many a vacations and picnics there as a kid.  It was always freaking cold there and rainy.  Always... I might have to buy something cheap in town to hang over it for the rest of my trip. Maybe dogs playing pool or poker or something...  Anything.


No comments:

Post a Comment