Thursday, July 26, 2012

Almost There!

My view when I woke up in Leadville on Wednesday morning.  It is hard to bitch about having to do a 25 miler when you start your day like this, you know?
Pulled down a solid 100 mile week last week with three long runs in it.  Monday was a 20 miler sort of just around town'ish... Wednesday from the Start in Leadville to Fish Hatchery and the a 27.6 miler round trip on Pikes Peak Friday night. 

This week is shaping up very well also... Monday morning, super early and before the heat I did 20 miler up and down the Peak and then yesterday was a solid 25 miles from the Colorado Trail trail head by Mayqueen all the way into Twin Lakes.  With stops and everything along the way and not going at an all out effort, we managed to get there in just about five hours which is about where I needed it to be.  Once we arrived at Twin, both Lisa and I agreed that it was a good workout but we had a moderate enough of a pace that we were not trashed either.   Sitting at 55 miles for the week right now and I can honestly say that I feel tired but not overly beat up.

The next large outing for this training week will be the







No comments:

Post a Comment