Saturday, November 27, 2010

That Time of the Year Again.

Finally it is the weekend after the Thanksgiving holiday. The Incline Club will be doing their first Sunday run preparing for the 2011 season tomorrow. The slack time of autumn is over now. Now it is time to get back to work in earnest.

Actually I don't plan to run much with the IC this year. I do plan on being there most Sunday's to get my star, but I don't intend to the the commonly prescribed runs of the club. I am planning to use the Sunday runs with the IC to allow me to fill in my mileage target of the week and to also work on training which I think might be more specifically geared for the San Juan Solstice course. Up the Incline, then through the Experimental Forest, down Longs Ranch Road for my much needed downhill training, then back out on the Ute Pass Trail.

For my long runs I plan to run with the CRUD (Coloradans Running Ultra Distances) group on Saturdays. http://www.teamcrud.com/ I did a 17 mile run with them this morning and though I spent most of the time lagging behind, it was still a great run.

Thanksgiving was great. Melissa got to meet my folks and that went very well. Actually it was probably the best Thanksgiving ever. We all just had a great visit. Wednesday night we all went out to see Burlesque with Cher in it and it was a very fun movie. Thursday we all ran the Turkey Trot (Mom placed 3rd in her division) and even though the course was cut short (Thanks CSPD) it was still a fun run. Dinner was amazing followed by playing some fun games and having dessert.

Next race will be the Stocking Shuffle December 11th. Melissa registered us for that one and I am looking forward to it. I bet she drops two minutes off of her time from October.

I am still finding it hard to be excited about the cold and winter coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment